Mondays tend to be a little rough, getting back into the 9-5 grind after two blissful days away, so I’m trying to choosefindcreate some joy on Mondays by reminding myself of all the good stuff I came across the week before. And to keep all that good stuff in one place so I can find it again, I decided to share it with you!
So, here’s a little Monday Love:
- In case you didn’t notice, the blog got another facelift! I finally broke down and bought the Genesis theme and then the Foodie theme… Genesis is like the parent and Foodie is the child, or something like that. I’m still a bit confused and spent the weekend fumbling my way through, but I’d like to think I fumbled successfully. Let me know what you think about the new layout, and the new Archives section! There will be tweaks to come, and I can’t get my old header image to size correctly so it’s gone for now, but I think I’m liking things.
- Lindsay and Bjork from Pinch of Yum are releasing another e-cookbook on May 12th – Everyday Healthy! It’s 40+ healthy recipes in the 200-400 calorie range, and it’s on pre-sale for just $10.00, but hurry up, early bird pricing only lasts through Sunday, May 11th. Can’t wait!
- I’m 35 and am still pretty clueless when it comes to doing real makeup, still hoping that one day I’ll figure out how to make my face look something like this.
- Reading Kevin and Amanda’s recaps of their Scotland trip have me green with travel envy!!
- I would gladly inhale this vegan carrot cake with MACADAMIA FROSTING from Love & Lemons!
- Right after I eat these not-so-vegan lamb meatballs with feta and lemon from Smitten Kitchen.
- And then I must make this coconut cream pie from Taste & Tell, it’s got an animal cracker crust!!!
- I’m really not that into the sports scene, but what a game the other night, the Blazers beat the Rockets AT THE BUZZER to win by ONE POINT!!! Crazy!
- I am terrible at keeping up with the Facebook page for this blog, it feels futile with all the ways that Facebook doesn’t show your posts to people who have liked your page, but I just noticed it’s got 197 likes! Whaaaaat? Maybe I should put a little more effort into it for those 197 super sweet souls! Thanks guys!!
- Took Koko for a walk after work one day last week and it started to rain. My first thought was a very sarcastic “awesome”, but then I realized the sun was shining so I turned my back to it and there she was… awesome!
Now tell me, what are Y O U feeling happy about this Monday?