Not much is happening.
I guess that’s not true. Sure, nothing knock-your-socks-off exciting is happening, but things are going on:
- STARBUCKS HAS SPRING CUPS!! Have you seen them? They’re so cute, except I hate getting the blank one because I can’t think of anything cute to draw. Why have they not done this sooner? They know we go crazy for their cups, they should have hopped on this ages ago!
- I’m still at my part-time job, working the front desk at a local massage studio. It’ll be a year next month and I’m still feeling like it’s the right thing for right now, and the massage perks are pretty nice!
- I’ve been working out pretty regularly since the first of the year and am pleasantly surprised that I’m still sticking with it. Thanks to my friend Jen who is a Beachbody Coach, I tried out the 21 Day Fix workout and I’m loving it! I’ve tried a few other things here and there but I keep coming back to 21 Day Fix. It’s fun to see how I progress at different moves, and I recently upped my “heavy” weights to 5lbs (haha!) so I’m pushing myself, but also still modifying some moves. I’m just taking it at my own pace and only focusing on competing with myself one workout at a time.
- I’m doing another round of Whole30 in April and just joined some friends in a support group on Facebook. I’ve been wanting to do another Whole30 ever since we did one back in January 2015, but I’ve never been able to complete another one. It’s actually a pretty common phenomenon, and additional Whole30s can be more difficult for a variety of reasons. I also skipped the reintroduction phase of our first one, and THAT’S THE WHOLE POINT OF DOING IT! I really should have extended it to a Whole45 or Whole60 because my sugar dragon was still very much alive. On day 30 I was still thinking about donuts and on Day 31 I was shoving maple bars into my donut hole and it was all downhill (and sugary deliciousness) from there. So I did all that detoxing and got myself off the biggest trigger foods and to a good baseline, only to throw it all away and not even figure out what foods might be causing me issues. Well, obviously sugar, but that was no secret, ha! So I’ve got two weeks to plan and prep and pep-talk, and I’m really looking forward to the support and new friends on this Facebook group. I’m planning to do more detailed journaling this time around as well so look for blog updates too!
- Very excited to see Beauty and The Beast (hopefully soon!!), but even more excited for The Little Mermaid that’s coming, and I got exponentially more excited when I found out that Lin-Manuel Miranda was working on the music for it!! #littlemermaidforever
- I have a goal to read 52 books this year and I was running way ahead of schedule but have slowed down recently. I’m currently at 12 though so I’m doing pretty good. A more detailed post is coming soon about the books I’ve read so far. Find me on Goodreads!
And that’s honestly all I can think of right now. We are so boring and low-key!
Now tell me…
What workouts are you into? Have you done a Whole30? What books are you LOVING?